Ahoy Camano Mike

Use this forum to discuss all things generally relating to Bertram 33s.
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Ahoy Camano Mike

Post by lobsta1 »

Did you install your hardtop yourself or have the yard do it? Any gotchas to watch out for? Friends with a B33 sportfish just had theirs delivered last week. They plan to install themselves. They also paid $900 to ship to Beverly, Ma.
Al
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
Camano Mike
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Ahoy Camano Mike

Post by Camano Mike »

I did.It was only the arch, not a full top. It was easy to assemble, but it did take me and two others to get it up into position and on the mounts. I think I would have threaded the cable for the radar through the pieces before I put it all together, because it kept getting stuck going around the bend at the top of the arch.
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lobsta1 »

Thanks for the update.
Al
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
h2ojst
Captain
Captain

Post by h2ojst »

Next time around for an easy wire chase trick (learned this from Pipe Welders Towers in Fort Lauderdale years ago) Take a small magnet and tie it to a length of mono fishing line or similar and place it in your starting hole inside the tube, then follow it around with a more powerful magnet on the outside to get to where you're exiting. Then simply attach the mono to a heavier cord to use as a fish-tape and pull away. Works like a charm. The outside magnet needs to be wrapped in felt or something that won't scratch the aluminum. I've used this method in walls and all kinds of things that a wire-fish- tape wouldn't work. Has saved my butt more than once!
Joe Tomaini
1988 Sportfish
Attitude Adjustment II
Bath, NC
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lobsta1 »

That's a helluva good tip.
Al
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF