rain in the flybridge

Use this forum to discuss all things relating to the Bertram 33 Convertible.
deepdive1000
Ensign
Ensign

rain in the flybridge

Post by deepdive1000 »

Hello, I'm looking to purchase a 1987 33" Bertram. The Isinglass zippers are all crumbling to dust and cannot be operated. I was going to just take it all down once deal is final and maybe just roll without Isenglass for while. Of course their will be windy rain storms occurring while she is docked in the slip which will put a lot of water into the flybridge area. As this is a boat, I want to assume there is no harm in this and that there is a drain system in place for this. I would probably find some type of cover for just helm controls area. Thank you.
Capn Tony
Captain
Captain

Post by Capn Tony »

Good luck with your purchase they are great boats. I would definitely cover the instrument panel and shifters. Water does drain thru small weep holes at the front on the side panels going out the holes on the outside of the bridge. Occasionally I flush water from the outside holes to clean up behind the 2 side panels. The rear of the bridge has a gutter that could probably handle all but the heaviest downpour.
Thanks Capn' T Roamin' Beauty 33'Bert SF 3116 Cats Hyannis MA.
deepdive1000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by deepdive1000 »

Thank you very much for the feedback Capn Tony. Sounds like I don't need to worry too much.