interior cushions 1986 fbc

Use this section to post items for sale.
rich n
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

interior cushions 1986 fbc

Post by rich n »

complete set of v berth and bunk bed cushions for 1986 abc bert all new never used plans changed paid 3500 will sell for 2000obo rich
rich n
Chip
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chip »

Will they fit a 1986 33SF?
Chip
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chip »

I don’t have the bunks, but I am in the market for v berth cushions.
Chip
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chip »

Will they fit a 1986 33SF?
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

Chip, If they're for a FBC they won't fit a SF. The shape of the cushions is different.
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
Chip
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chip »

quote:Originally posted by franklyprice Chip, If they're for a FBC they won't fit a SF. The shape of the cushions is different. Frank Price 1987 SF "Jeanne Claire" Rowley Ma [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... Claire.jpg[/img]
Chip
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chip »

quote:Originally posted by franklyprice Chip, If they're for a FBC they won't fit a SF. The shape of the cushions is different. Frank Price 1987 SF "Jeanne Claire" Rowley Ma [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... Claire.jpg[/img] Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the multiple posts; still figuring this system out. I had thought that perhaps the vberths were the same, but I guess not. Any recommendations on where I could have some made would be appreciated. I cut a california queen foam mattress with a carving knife to fit the v berth for now, and it is comfortable but not wearing well or asthetically pleasing.
Capn Tony
Captain
Captain

Post by Capn Tony »

What I did was purchase some high end memory foam mattress material cut it with an electric carving knife to shape as you did and had it professionally covered with a nice fabric. It came out looking great and comfortable. I think the whole job cost me around a thousand.
Thanks Capn' T Roamin' Beauty 33'Bert SF 3116 Cats Hyannis MA.
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

Yes, What Tony did is one way, another would be to have a boat mattress place make a custom one. The mattress place will cost a lot more but they will make a spiffy quilted top on the foam.
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
Capn Tony
Captain
Captain

Post by Capn Tony »

Frank, My next door neighbor did that with his boat. He took his cushions to a matterass factory in Brockton and they did a real nice job. $$$$$
Thanks Capn' T Roamin' Beauty 33'Bert SF 3116 Cats Hyannis MA.
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

Tony, I think I showed mine to you when we met in P town. I had already replaced the main cushions with new foam but wasn't happy with it, so went to Portland mattress and they added an inch or two of memory foam and the quilt thing. I think it cost about a grand and I'm pretty happy with it. My problem was that I used too firm of a foam so the top that they installed made all the difference.
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma