Help - Door Rollers

Use this forum to discuss all things relating to Bertram 35s.
Jon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Help - Door Rollers

Post by Jon »

On my 35' Bertram, 1972, I have to replace a roller on one of the sliding doors, cabin to deck. I did this ten years ago or so and don't recall it being such a problem. Are there tricks to getting the roller out? Does the entire bottom door frame have to come off? Thanks for any help, Jon, Lake St. Clair, MI
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

Jon... I have a B33 rather than a B35, but assuming they are similar I suggest removing the track the rollers slide on by removing the mounting screws and then wiggling the bottom of the door as you pull it aft.
Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Cummins 6Bs - 315HP Wilmington, NC
butch
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by butch »

Just had my doors off ( 1974 35). To paint them,,, I was able to push them up and with a second guy and large screwdriver between the bottom of the door and track pop them off and back on... please me know how you get the roller out . I soaked mine and was unable to adjust . I believe believe in a prefect world the rollers can be adjusted with the screws on each side of The doors ..... if you can turn that screw you should be able to turn the rollers up making it easier to clear the track.
Jon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jon »

OK, I did it. At the bottom of the door there is a screw on each side that holds the lower lateral frame. Take screws on each side out and then with a hammer and block of wood tap the lower and it will slide off the bottom of the door. Once you are at this point you can pry the roller up and away from the frame, it swivels. I oiled mine and that's all I needed. The smaller inset screw adjusts the height of the roller. Back both off so they are flush with the bottom of the door and then remount the door in it's track. Adjust the inset screws to drive the roller further out from the frame. Adjust so it rolls free. Hope this helps.
butch
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by butch »

Thanks Jon