ATTENTION Jerry C

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
smanni
Captain
Captain

ATTENTION Jerry C

Post by smanni »

You plan on staying in the water for Cape May Stripers?
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

Hey Sean, Yup, we are going to stay in the water through stripper season. How about you?
'Till Next Hook Up....! Jerry C. "Reel Hard" Cape May, NJ.
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lobsta1 »

Hey Jerry, I never knew you guys in NJ had a "STRIPPER" season. We can only go after stripers up here. Al
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
Sean B
Captain
Captain

Post by Sean B »

here come the stripper jokes again... Sean Burlingham "Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF Melbourne, FL SBurlingham@cfl.rr.com [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... d_Time.jpg[/img]
"Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF 3208T Cats
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

Obviously Al never spent much time on Route 1 in Danvers, MA, in the good old days! We had a year long stripper season there! Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Wilmington, NC
Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Cummins 6Bs - 315HP Wilmington, NC
Sean B
Captain
Captain

Post by Sean B »

What do you use for bait? I usually stick to ones. Certainly not the best bait. But combined with the technique of looking at them directly in the eyes when they get close, it is successful. Since they are not used to that it (are used to blank stares elsewhere), it tends to startle and confuse them, and so allow me to temporarily capture and release. Suggest never keeping one however, the fees are too high Sean Burlingham "Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF Melbourne, FL SBurlingham@cfl.rr.com [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... d_Time.jpg[/img]
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

WOW - this is funny, I love it when someone spells Stripers wrong. Jerry, I stay in until Breezeelee threatens to winterize the travel lift - usually around Dec 13-15th. Then its a Christmas scramble to get the boat winterized and covered.
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

Sean... With all respect to your personal methods, I believe in the opposite.. the big impression approach! Use larger chunks of bait! Twenties work faster, and fewer shake the hook loose! But, you must realize your bait has to also be different than the other bait in the immediate surroundings! Never let the pressure go slack.. keep it applied until they are landed. You can throw any back you don't want (or in my case NEED), but it is best to keep several lines working at all times in case a shark devours the one you are trying to reel in at the moment. Trolling sometimes works, but when you are in the middle of a school just flash attractive bait and they will come to you. I have seen your pic but you haven't seen mine, but I can assure you if you compared mine to yours you will appreciate that I need to work much harder than you to land a keeper.. or at least a catch and release candidate. And finally.. I suspect we both understand.. the standards get lowered as the day passes.. what was not a keeper at noon might be a prize catch just before we have to motor home! Oh.. I forgot one thing! ALWAYS keep a well stocked medical kit handy. Be proactive.. wash thoroughly and disinfect after handling any catch.. you don't know where they have been! Chances are you aren't the first fisherman who caught and released them. Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Wilmington, NC
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

I used to date a girl from Wilminton, MA. Spent many a nights on RT. 1 in Danvers with her brother. I think there was one called the golden bannana? and another called the Caberet? Such fond memories.
'Till Next Hook Up....! Jerry C. "Reel Hard" Cape May, NJ.
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

My old stomping grounds! I think the Bananna is now closed.. but the Cabaret is still going strong.. was in there about 6 months ago on a trip back to MA. Either the girls got scuzzier or I got more particular.. I'm not sure! Was there with someone else who is a regular here, but I am sworn to secrecy about any details. We had a great time.. I thank him for taking me back in time to when I did not need glasses and could drink with the rest of them.. now I can't see well or drink much, but the memories carry me through! Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Wilmington, NC
Sean B
Captain
Captain

Post by Sean B »

quote:Either the girls got scuzzier or I got more particular.. I'm not sure! You probably started drinking less We should watch out, we've got a lady on the site these days Sean Burlingham "Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF Melbourne, FL SBurlingham@cfl.rr.com [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... d_Time.jpg[/img]
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

quote:Originally posted by IRGuy Was there with someone else who is a regular here, but I am sworn to secrecy about any details. Gee. I wonder whom that could've been? Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

Ahem!!?? Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Wilmington, NC
Sean B
Captain
Captain

Post by Sean B »

quote:Gee. I wonder whom that could've been? Were you the one in the schoolgirl outfit, with a missing pastie? Sean Burlingham "Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF Melbourne, FL SBurlingham@cfl.rr.com [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... d_Time.jpg[/img]
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Oh Man! That's just wrong. No one wants to see that![xx(] Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA