Corrosion X available from a fellow Bertram owner!

Use this forum to post or reply to service related topics like repairs, cleanings, captain services, etc.
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Corrosion X available from a fellow Bertram owner!

Post by IRGuy »

I have been communicating online with Roy Victor aka "Uncle Vic" on the Bertram 31 forum.. he has become a stocking distributor for Corrosion X products, and is willing to sell to fellow Bertram owners at wholesale prices.. if you are interested you can contact him at "royvictor@cox.net". I just placed an order with him. Admin.. I am not sure which forum this string should be in.. please feel free to move it if you want to. Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Wilmington, NC
Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Cummins 6Bs - 315HP Wilmington, NC
Capt. Ed
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Ed »

Frank... Business would be a good area. Does he have a website? 1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... xandra.jpg[/img] HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR BERTRAM PRIDE '06 yet? DO IT NOW... SPACE IS LIMITED!
1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida Image BERTRAM PRIDE '07 PLAN TO ATTEND!
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

Thanks Frank. I am moving it to Services.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

Ok Dave, thanks.. I was not sure. Ed.. No, as far as I know he does not. After I saw he was selling the Corrosion X line I went to the company's web site.. http://corrosionxproducts.com/?gclid=CL ... UAodHRZjcg and read about their products. You can email Roy and he can give you prices and terms.. I have the prices he quoted me, but since this is a sideline business he has I don't feel comfortable broadcasting them in case he wants to change anything about how he does business. Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Wilmington, NC
Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Cummins 6Bs - 315HP Wilmington, NC
Sean B
Captain
Captain

Post by Sean B »

The CX really is the best, I've become a believer. I still have plenty of that but I ordered a few cans of his "Max Wax" for my rudder bearings, which I can't seem to keep from rusting. He swears by the stuff so I thouhgt I'd give it a try there, and also on my steering linkage, zerk fittings, shaft couplers...stuff like that. Anyway, I ordered 3 cans from him by e-mail and they showed up 2 days later. Now that I think about it, I need to send him a check Sean Burlingham "Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF Melbourne, FL SBurlingham@cfl.rr.com [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... d_Time.jpg[/img]
"Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF 3208T Cats
Capt. Ed
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Ed »

Thanks Frank, I will email 1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... xandra.jpg[/img] HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR BERTRAM PRIDE '06 yet? DO IT NOW... SPACE IS LIMITED!
1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida Image BERTRAM PRIDE '07 PLAN TO ATTEND!
jannickz

Re: Corrosion X available from a fellow Bertram owner!

Post by jannickz »

Well, it's an old thread, but It's great that you're taking steps to protect your rudder roller bearings and other metal components. However, it's important to verify if Max Wax is specifically designed for underwater applications. Rudder bearings are constantly exposed to water, so a marine-grade anti-corrosion product might be a better choice. Consider researching marine-grade grease or lanolin-based products specifically formulated for underwater use on precision bearings and linkages.