It’s official

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't nicely fit into any of the other catagories.
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

It’s official

Post by Rick »

I no longer own a Bertram. The new owner took Ticket to Hull yesterday. We’ve got a bit of sellers remorse when thinking of the memories but it’s time for us to find an express. Have our eyes on a ‘86 Tiara open w/ Cat 3126’s, so we’ll see how all that goes.

Words can’t describe the gratitude Joanna and I have for everyone here, you’ve all been absolutely super and it’s a group that feels we’re all on the same dock together........and I wish we were! Anyway thanks for the help, thanks for the friendship, parties and rendezvous!

I have some spare parts that I’ll be posting and will check in from time to time. Have a great Summer everyone !
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
retman
Commander
Commander

Re: It’s official

Post by retman »

Good luck. No ladder is appealing. Will the new boat have the same name so we can recognize you?
Bill Arnold 1988 33 FBC Merc 454 'Retriever' SOLD
37 DUFFY. Extended House 3126 Cat.
h2ojst
Captain
Captain

Post by h2ojst »

Best of luck to you on your future ventures, Rick. Certainly enjoyed exchanging war stories with you. I'm sure that our boating paths will cross again at some point. Take care.
Joe Tomaini
1988 Sportfish
Attitude Adjustment II
Bath, NC
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lobsta1 »

Rick,
We still love you!
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Thanks guys !

You haven't rid of me yet and I'll definitely be visiting from time to time. Yes, next boat will definitely have the same name.

Al, love you too man !
Rick
Falmouth, MA
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Good luck with the next ride Rick!
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Hello my Bertram friends !

It's been a while, I hope this finds you all well.

Gerard (Greysole) is pretty much the only one I see these days and I still talk to Al (Nights Off) every so often. We did end up buying the Tiara that I mentioned previously and so far it's been an enjoyable but learning experience. I had never touched a diesel engine before and in the Spring I did my Aftercoolers & Transmission coolers. Replaced the Hot Water heater and installed a Sea Water wash down.

I miss the visibility of the Fly Bridge, the Engine Covers for lounging (on a '85 SF) and my Elegance Toilet ! The new boat has a Vacuflush system that is actually pretty good but it's tough to beat that Elegance.

Very happy I switched to diesel, the fuel economy is so much better and we can purchase fuel from a Home Heating oil truck. But it cost me $450 to do an oil change this year vs $290 last year.

We put a 120 hours on her this past Summer and what a great Summer for weather !

What have you guys heard about this 10 knots around whales requirement ? In the 25 years I've been boating in Nantucket Sound, I've seen one whale and it was much bigger than a right whale. But I guess it's only in early May (for now) so we can deal with it.

Anyway, I hope you are doing well, running well and had a good Summer. Please let me know if you plan to visit the Vineyard, Cuttyhunk or whatever in the Summer of '23, I'd love to catch up.

All the best,
Rick
Rick
Falmouth, MA
Capn Tony
Captain
Captain

Post by Capn Tony »

Rick,
Glad you enjoyed ur new ride and welcome to the diesel world. It sounds like you had a great summer. On the contrary we were so busy with the restaurants this year you could count on one hand how many times we left the dock. I am hoping to lease them out next year which will free us up. Let’s stay in touch for some cruises next summer.
Thanks Capn' T Roamin' Beauty 33'Bert SF 3116 Cats Hyannis MA.
h2ojst
Captain
Captain

Post by h2ojst »

Hey Rick.

Glad you're enjoying the Tiara. Sounds like you had a great summer season.

Take care.
Joe Tomaini
1988 Sportfish
Attitude Adjustment II
Bath, NC
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Rick,

Glad you're enjoying the new boat. Now that you've had diesels, you'll never want to go back to gas unless they're outboards. Hope you, Joanne, and the boys are doing well!
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Thanks guys and good to hear from everyone,

Sounds like you are all doing well too. I don't know about you, but as long as I can still use and maintain a boat; I'm going to to be happy. What I learned from everyone here is a unique knowledge that a lot of friends can only wish for. They try to keep their boats going by hiring mechanics and that only works for so long. Eventually you've got to dig in and take care of things yourself. Believe it or not, i enjoy turning wrenches, replacing hoses and all phases of keeping a boat going....as long as I can fit !

All the best,
Rick
Rick
Falmouth, MA