Insurance

Use this forum to discuss all things relating to Bertram 35s.
camodog

Insurance

Post by camodog »

Looking to purchase a 33 SF or 35 diesel powered in the near future. I was just wondering what to expect to pay for Insurance annually for a partially financed boat on Long Island, docked at a private home. Any company you prefer or that are Bertram knowlegable? Thank You in advance.
buzzk
Captain
Captain

Post by buzzk »

Charter lakes insures my boat. Insurance is a real zoo in NC because of the chance of hurricanes.
buzzk 1988 Bertram 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's Buzz Off Morehead City, NC
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

I'm not sure many Bertram knowledgeable insurance companies exist but it would really come down to a local insurance broker who may know what you have and can convince the underwriter that it's more than just another old boat. Look to pay between $1000 to $1500 for a year, depending on value by the surveyor.
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
Capn Tony
Captain
Captain

Post by Capn Tony »

I pay $1000 a year for $69,000 coverage. I don’t remember the deductible but I do know it is typical and low.
Thanks Capn' T Roamin' Beauty 33'Bert SF 3116 Cats Hyannis MA.
PleasureBay
Commander
Commander

Post by PleasureBay »

Capt. Tony, What company?
Jack Van Deman
"Why Knot?" '82 33SF 3208CATS
Little River, SC
camodog

Post by camodog »

Thanks Guys, sounds good. 2nd question if I may, can anyone recommend a good surveyor on L.I.?
asher
Commander
Commander

Post by asher »

I have Farmers / Foremost and pay similar rates. After going through a recent hurricane claim due to Harvey I have been very pleased with their service.
Capn Tony
Captain
Captain

Post by Capn Tony »

[quote]Originally posted by PleasureBay Capt. Tony, What company? Jack Van Deman "Why Knot?" '82 33SF 3208CATS Little River, SC A company called Ski Tow. I went with them originally because every other company wanted a survey. Went with them the only ones that did not require one. I’ve been around boats all my life and know a good one when I see one. Yea needed some work but what 30year old vessel doesn’t. I took a Cat mechanic on the sea trial which was all I needed.
Capn Tony
Captain
Captain

Post by Capn Tony »

[quote]Originally posted by Capn Tony [quote]Originally posted by PleasureBay Capt. Tony, What company? Jack Van Deman "Why Knot?" '82 33SF 3208CATS Little River, SC A company called Ski Tow. I went with them originally because every other company wanted a survey. Went with them the only ones that did not require one. I’ve been around boats all my life and know a good one when I see one. Yea needed some work but what 30year old vessel doesn’t. I took a Cat mechanic on the sea trial which was all I needed. Correction The company name is SKI SAFE Thanks Capn' T Roamin' Beauty 33'Bert SF 3116 Cats Hyannis MA.