Fishing Tax

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Fishing Tax

Post by Rick »

The unbelievable arrogance of Massachusetts Government continues... http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/index.html This Year = Free (it's an election year), Nest Year = $25 BTW - You cannot buy a Permit for the boat. Everyone has to pay individually. Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Rick, My understanding of this is that the permit/license is a federal requirement. The $25 of course is all Mass' idea. I think some other states are providing the permit for free.
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lobsta1 »

You guys have to learn to read. It is a federal requirement. It is free this year for fed registration. Next year the fed license will cost $25. IF you are in an exempt state, a fed license is NOT required if you have a state license. The Ma. program (which will be ready for 2011) is recognized by the feds which qualifies us as an exempt state. Our STATE program will cost $10 with the fee remaining with the STATE. What is stupid is if your Uncle Jimmy from Nebraska comes on your boat for a day, he also has to have a license. Let's face it; all these programs are to create jobs for government administrators. Al
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

I know it's predominately feds and who cares how it's divied, both state & country are in on it. In fact, it's going to be enforced by both Mass Environmental Police and the Coast Guard. So now they have another reason to board you. They say it's to track species count.....but you don't have to report how many fish you caught. Something sound fishy there ? Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Falmouth, MA
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

To me this sounds like another way to control something(us). Like registering guns. It will get tighter and tighter and when they decide to cut down the numbers of people doing it they will have a data base of users and ever tightening regulations. This is just the start of it. Feel like a frog sitting in a pot of tepid water yet?
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

No, like the world is a tuxedo and I'm a pair of brown shoes ! Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Falmouth, MA
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

Ha ha thats awesome, we have to pay so they can create a "phonebook" of fishermen to contact about catches. OF COURSE, they're is NO other way to get information from fishermen, other then charging them 10 dollars to register on a site. Another reason not to fish. Of course we all know what happens to fees, first year 10 dollars, then 20, then 30, then 50.................................a summer cottage is looking better all the time.
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image