canyons are heating up

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Jerry, white knuckles come back to color, the part that's tuff is getting the sterring wheel round again. Mike
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

Good job Mike, What do you troll for those?
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

David, Is the picture posting feature working yet? I have pictures from all my fishing trips this summer to post. Halibut to Sailfish!
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Tim, They went for everything but the best was Zuckers in pink. The big double hook riggs. The big eye grabbed an outside rigger ballyhoo on a blue and white Islander. One guy out there had 6 bigeyes almost hand lineing them. We did everything we could to bang another. Thats why I did'nt get back until 10 oclock that night. Hard to leave fish like that. They were still getting the big eyes when I was 30 away on the way home. If I did'nt have work the next day I would have loved to stay till it got dark and caught acouple of those. Would have paid for the trip. Mike
richcatch22
Captain
Captain

Post by richcatch22 »

We fished sunday east of the dip to the tails. More whales thatn I can ever remember. First trip to the deep for my son, landed his first Mahi, Yellowfin, and Longfin. Also was 2 for gaffing. Ended up with 2 longfin and 5 Yellows, only lost one at the boat. Looking forward to the next weather window. Capt Rich Catch 22 1989 33 FBC
Capt Rich Catch 22 1989 33 FBC Image
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

We fished Sunday as well - didnt get enough guys together to make it to the canyons - so we fished the "old grounds for inshore fish. We caught a big mix of flounder, bluefish, croakers and dogfish. The highlight of the day was a 48" Hammerhead shark caught on 15lb test with no wire leader. Got it to the boat - played for a while - then it finally broke off as we tried to snap a picture. It was a small fish - but cool to see since it is one of the few shark species that has completely evaded us over the last few years.
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Capt Rich, Where are you out of? For me to go to the tails is alittle bit of a haul. I was going to go up to the end of long island and fuel up but that would be a 3 day trip. Manni, Lot of weird stuff going on this year. Fluke record seems to have been broken in jersey, threashers all over the beach and inshore area's, a bull shark caught in the surf on barnaget beach. Had to be pretty cool to get that hammerhead. Might have made a nice lttle wall mount. Mike
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

MIke I saw a pic of that record fluke - it was huge - looks like a halibut
richcatch22
Captain
Captain

Post by richcatch22 »

We are in Montauk NY Capt Rich Catch 22 1989 33 FBC
Capt Rich Catch 22 1989 33 FBC Image