33 Bertram Tourny weekend

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
smanni
Captain
Captain

33 Bertram Tourny weekend

Post by smanni »

GOOD LUCK to all of us in the Shark tournaments out of New Jersey this weekend. I know Mike(SBEER), Jerry (JCROOTBEER) and myself will all be entered. It would be nice to see a 33 Bert take the $$.
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Good luck to you to Sean. Looks like the colder water is really moving in. You got some nice water down there. I, how ever, will be in the middle of 250 boats fishing the same area's. Not much to chose from unless I head far south. Mike
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
Sean B
Captain
Captain

Post by Sean B »

Kick their asses guys Sean Burlingham "Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF Melbourne, FL SBurlingham@cfl.rr.com [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... d_Time.jpg[/img]
"Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF 3208T Cats
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

Good luck all around! Let the Bert's "Catch 'Em Up" Look forward to meeting up tomorrow night Sean. I'll be the little chubby Italian looking guy with a red "Reel Hard" fishing jacket, or if it's warm, a Salmon colored "Reel Hard" fishing shirt. (I didn't pick the color!) Again, all the best to those fishing for dollars!!!
'Till Next Hook Up....! Jerry C. "Reel Hard" Cape May, NJ.
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

Good luck guys, keep us posted! Bill 1988 33 FBC Ipswich, Ma. > ~------- [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... a_Rose.jpg[/img]
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

quote:Originally posted by jcrootbeer I'll be the little chubby Italian looking guy ... Jerry Connor doesn't seem like much of an Italian name. Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

That's the 1/4 Irish my father was cursed with :-) Not that there's anything wrong with the Irish.....it helps the whiskey go down.
greysole
Commander
Commander

Post by greysole »

Good Luck Do us proud laddies, with both the fishin' & the drinkin' ! Gerard FREEDOM 86 SF Marina Bay Green Pond
Gerard FREEDOM 86 SF 454 Merc Green Pond, Falmouth MA
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Good luck guys and bring back the winner for all of us. Guess the Montauk Tourney was a sleep show. COLD water with a small Thresher taking the Trophy. But it's been warm all week and the water temp images look a lot better than they did last week. So we'll be hoping for a big old Mako to swim your way ! Rick Ticket 85 SF Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

Day 1 - Rough today - but we went. We weighted a 67" 128lb Mako that didnt get us any day 1 money - but it should taste good. Another try tomorrow!
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Well we went sat, we were entered in both tournaments. Sat proved to be a very nasty day. 3 to 4 foot with some 5's and 6 ft'ers mixed in. Headed for my little spot 55 miles out towards the toms and set-up. 20 minutes later we get a hit. Very lite and everyone thinking its a blue fish. 4ft roller comes in and lifts the fish up in the swell. All hell breaks loose. 300LB class fish comes right to the boat. The fish is leadered right at the transom green as hell. Yell for the gaf, the guy is standing there in awww. Yell for the gun. That guy was sick as hell and refused to go in the cabin. The fish takes off gets about 30 ft from the boat and go's to the air. What a site. Five minutes later, GONE. That was the money fish. We had 4 mako's in the slick 3 that were easy over 200lbs. 2 threashers that were kicking 200 and over and 2 blue sharks. Brought in the small mako, 70 inches at 140. Sorry guys that we could'nt that we could'nt do it for the 33 bert. Maybe Sean did. Mike
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

I didnt - we had another make on Sat - but not a money fish. We released a small 60" fish early in the day - caught a dusky later on - then about 5:30 - we caught another fish that went 70 inches - we never made it to the scales to weight it,. Scales closed at 7pm - I got back to the dock at 8. Daily winner was 167 so, Since our fish was fat - it might have taken the day - but we knew at 5:30 when we hooked up that it was already to late to make it in. Oh well - we took 2 mako's in 2 days, released another, and had a great time. Next year we'll try again.
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

Hi All, It was a pleasure meeting Sean and his crew at the Cape May Shark Tourny. We fished days 2 and 3. Saturday we ran pretty far off, about 76 miles to cross over 68 degree water and end up in 62. (What was I thinking?) Had 2 Blue Sharks released. Both were monsters one about 230-250 and the second closer to 300. It's ashame there was no Blue category :-/. Sunday we stayed a little closer. We hoped for more fishing time. It was an action packed day, that lead to no money, but lots of fun and excitement. We realeased 1 dusky, 1 brown, and 4 mackos. Boated 1 macko about 58 inches. Not a tourny fish, but tasty. We also had a Hammer Head, about 5 feet swimming around the boat for about 15 minutes. First time I saw one of those....impresive looking fish. As Sean said, it was a great time, and we look forward to next years Cape May Shark Tournament. We need to get these great boats into the money :-)
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

Jerry, It was nice to meet you and yours as well. And even though neither of us got in the money - I came home with enough Mako for the rest of the year. The rest of the summer is catch and release for mako(unless we have a few newcommers on board that want meat).