Welcome to the Navy people!

Use this forum to discuss all things generally relating to Bertram 33s.
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Welcome to the Navy people!

Post by Admin »

LOL...just kidding. However, I did add a ranking system to the forum as I continue to make it a cool place again. I decided to use Naval Officer rankings again, and yes...I know Commodore is deprecated, but I still like it! It is called a Rear Admiral Lower now FYI. Anyway, you can see your rank on the right hand side of your posts now. They are set exponentially based on post count. I would love to see someone hit "Vice Admiral" someday (16384 posts!). Moderators, which Doug is the only one of right now are Admirals, and I as the site Admin am the only Fleet Admiral. Anyway, have lots of time to work on the site while stuck at home, lol. Enjoy, and stay safe peeps.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
h2ojst
Captain
Captain

Re: Welcome to the Navy people!

Post by h2ojst »

Thanks David. I think it looks great........too bad we all so many posts the time before. That was a quick demotion and I didn't even have any fun doing anything wrong. LOL
Joe Tomaini
1988 Sportfish
Attitude Adjustment II
Bath, NC
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Looks cool David and Joe I don't believe that you are totally innocent !

BTW, you can only be promoted to Fleet Admiral during a time of war which is why Nimitz was the last one. But I would call your battle with this website a bonafide World War since some of the hacking is probably from oversea's. So I agree with your ranking !
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

Rick wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:23 am Looks cool David and Joe I don't believe that you are totally innocent !

BTW, you can only be promoted to Fleet Admiral during a time of war which is why Nimitz was the last one. But I would call your battle with this website a bonafide World War since some of the hacking is probably from oversea's. So I agree with your ranking !
I do know that Rick, but luckily, I make the rules here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feels like wartime right now, that's for sure. Ugh.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

h2ojst wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:36 am Thanks David. I think it looks great........too bad we all so many posts the time before. That was a quick demotion and I didn't even have any fun doing anything wrong. LOL
Yeah, that really pissed me off. I hope with the ISP I have now and the setup of the new stuff, we will be much better protected from idiots. You should have seen how many joined the site in the few days between when I got it up and set the activation rules. A few even got some posts up, but I think I ratcheted down on that now.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Amazing there's so many idiots just trying to screw up websites.....don't they have anything to do ?
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

Right? I'll never understand it. And the spammers, do they actually get paid by someone to try to blast links to junk all over the place?
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

I can't understand it either. Makes zero sense to just screw with people. I guess it gives them some joy that they can mess with someone and not get punched in the face. And since we're talking about it, the same goes for senseless phone calls and texts, though I suppose there is some money to be made there( supposedly)
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
PleasureBay
Commander
Commander

Post by PleasureBay »

David thank you for your efforts! The new page is really nice and we all applaud your hard work and efforts!
When you have some spare time would you be able to add my boat photo to my profile?

I tried to add one of the imogies shown but was unable to.
Jack Van Deman
"Why Knot?" '82 33SF 3208CATS
Little River, SC
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

PleasureBay wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:08 am David thank you for your efforts! The new page is really nice and we all applaud your hard work and efforts!
When you have some spare time would you be able to add my boat photo to my profile?

Can you send me the full size pic you want, plus your full name, year, boat name and hailing port? Send to webmaster@bertram33.com.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

PleasureBay wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:08 am David thank you for your efforts! The new page is really nice and we all applaud your hard work and efforts!

This is now done!
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator