Interior refresh

Use this forum to discuss all things generally relating to Bertram 33s.
gingerbomb
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Interior refresh

Post by gingerbomb »

Greetings, Carpet is out in prep for something new such as plasteak. Also thinking of doing a bit of a Herreshoff style interior. Tips and comments welcome from any who have done this. [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-mVw ... mMzZ-L.jpg[/img]
Rob Nye Suffield, CT
captxmas62
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by captxmas62 »

Rob, I finished mine last year with something very similar to Plasteak. No clue how to post pics, otherwise I can post some here. How did you manage to post yours? Let me know. Thanks, Jim
Capt. James R Noel USCG 100T Master 1989 33' Sportfish Branford, CT
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

If it were me, I'd make sure you cut a hatch everywhere there's a hatch right now. That's what I had done when I had my teak and holly laminate done 12 years ago. You'll love the easy access.
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
justintime2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by justintime2 »

Yes I agree with Doug, I have beautiful holly floors. With a a total of 6 hatches. You are looking right down on the engines. Makes even the hardest seem easier. I am going to start building a sofa myself in the next week. Took measurements yesterday. Had a sofa /bed and it weighed a ton. Very hard to work around. So building the sofa in 2-3 parts , making it easy to access those two black beauties.
1987 33 FBC Merc 454
gingerbomb
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gingerbomb »

Thanks gents, Agree on the cutouts for hatches. A bit intimidated on the cut and install. Prep I can do all day long. Interesting that no matter what the brand I can't find an installer in the NE. For posting pictures you need a photo sharing site; I use SMUGMUG. From there you get a link to share which you can use here. If you want to continue let me know and I'll give complete instructions.
Rob Nye Suffield, CT
buzzk
Captain
Captain

Post by buzzk »

Rob, have you tried calling the distributor to find a installer in your area? I had a friend who wanted to install something along those lines and couldn't find an installer in our area. A factory rep at the Miami Boat Show gave him a name.
buzzk 1988 Bertram 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's Buzz Off Morehead City, NC
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Rob, Where are you located?
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
gingerbomb
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gingerbomb »

Doug, Boat is in Old Saybrook, Ct. I live in Suffield, about an hour away.
Rob Nye Suffield, CT
gingerbomb
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gingerbomb »

quote:Originally posted by buzzk Rob, have you tried calling the distributor to find a installer in your area? I had a friend who wanted to install something along those lines and couldn't find an installer in our area. A factory rep at the Miami Boat Show gave him a name. buzzk 1988 Bertram 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's Buzz Off Morehead City, NC Not yet. That's a good idea, thanks.
Rob Nye Suffield, CT