Hello All ...

Use this forum to discuss all things generally relating to Bertram 33s.
swilczynski
Commander
Commander

Hello All ...

Post by swilczynski »

Hope all is well ... I haven't been active on the site in some time. Busy, but haven't lost my priorities. Anyway, just moved Sine Qua Non to Stuart, FL from Wickford, RI. In the process of closing on a home there with a lift to put her in in the back yard. Bitter/sweet like a lot of things in life. Will miss the northeast group, fishing, islands, etc. However I'm sure we will have fun there too. Any Berts in Stuart?
Scott W - Stuart, FL
1991 Sport Fish - Yanmar 370's
Sine Qua Non
No Yacht Yet
Captain
Captain

Post by No Yacht Yet »

Hi Scott Where in Stuart are you. My future father inlaw has a place on the St Lucie river. Nice down there with lots of restaraunts you pull up to....Shrimpers has a great grouper ruben sandwich.....and the sailfishing.... lucky you! Boating year round for you now.....are you sure you will miss the northeast? Brian 1986 Bertram 33 FB Cummins 6BTA'S Seahorse Ellisville Harbor, Ma
Brian 1985 Bertram 42 SF Cummins QSC 600 HP Seahorse Ellisville Harbor, Ma
swilczynski
Commander
Commander

Post by swilczynski »

One of the canals off Port St Lucie River just east of Ballantrae Golf & Yacht. West of Route 1. Told my wife I need some more rods because the fish are not the same as the tuna I catch in NE. All part of a bigger plan ...
Scott W - Stuart, FL
Sine Qua Non
Jose Jaen
Commander
Commander

Post by Jose Jaen »

Welcome to Florida. You're 80 miles from West End and then the fun starts. Jose Jaen "Blue Chip" 1993 33FBC Miami FL [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... p_Jaen.jpg[/img]
Jose Jaen "Blue Chip" 1993 33FBC Panama City, Panama Image
dealerschoice
Commander
Commander

Post by dealerschoice »

Let us know if the dolphin bite is on. The bite should turn on big time for us within the next couple of weeks. Scott 1987 B33 SF Dealer's Choice V Edisto Beach, SC
Scott Rizer 1981 46B Dealer's Choice Edisto Beach, SC
buzzk
Captain
Captain

Post by buzzk »

Scott, it sounds like you have it made. I'm hoping I can get a second home in the Stuart to Ft. Lauderdale area in the next couple of years. Buzz
buzzk 1988 Bertram 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's Buzz Off Morehead City, NC
swilczynski
Commander
Commander

Post by swilczynski »

Will report on Dolphins ... Figured this was the time if I was going to do it
Scott W - Stuart, FL
Sine Qua Non
No Yacht Yet
Captain
Captain

Post by No Yacht Yet »

Scott Sounds like you need some new setups for snook...tried my hand last year...crafty buggers. You are near some great boat builders Whitticars yard is close by although they are not building any more. Dianes father is over on Hoggs cove, not to far from you. I got the boat yard tour with him last year. Brian 1986 Bertram 33 FB Cummins 6BTA'S Seahorse Ellisville Harbor, Ma
Brian 1985 Bertram 42 SF Cummins QSC 600 HP Seahorse Ellisville Harbor, Ma
captgene
Captain
Captain

Post by captgene »

Welcome to Stuart. We are an hour south, but go up there frequently to kayak on the St. Lucie N. fork. Once in awhile we take the boat up there. The Bahamas is closer. West End for us is 60.1 from the Boca Inlet. Dolphin bite has been on-off. It has been snotty the last week, but some diehards have picked up some about 40lb in 150-200 ft off here and Miami. As it gets warmer and flatter you can make those 30mi runs offshore for the weedlines and other floating debris. Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders
Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders SOLD 2000 Pursuit 2870 Offshore Twin 2016 Suzuki 200s
lwrenn
Captain
Captain

Post by lwrenn »

The fish are starting to show up in the keys! Most of my last two weeks trips have yielded dolphin. No slammers as of yet...
Captain Larry Wren 305-360-4900 www.apirateschoice.com Image
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Larry, What's a slammer ? Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
swilczynski
Commander
Commander

Post by swilczynski »

Unfortunately, too busy with getting boat put back together, putting her on the lift, house (wife), etc ... didn't get a chance to go fishing. However, I did take her for a shakedown cruise. Only minor issues were a dead bilge pump and fuel gauge issue. Can't seem to keep a gauge going for a year straight. New guage, wires, sending unit, float last year. Nice seeing the 23k pound Bert up on a lift ... nice seeing the sun and warm weather.
Scott W - Stuart, FL
Sine Qua Non
lwrenn
Captain
Captain

Post by lwrenn »

Slammer/ 20 pound plus fish
Captain Larry Wren 305-360-4900 www.apirateschoice.com Image
alynnellis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by alynnellis »

We are up in Jacksonville with 33FBC 1987 Cummins last year.About 6 to 8 Berts in the area.
Brian Davin
Captain
Captain

Post by Brian Davin »

Scott, Sounds like a sweet deal to have the Bert on a lift behind the house. Did you have to transport with the bridge off as I did? We'll miss you at the Rendezvous and the whale watching this summer. Best to you and the family! P.S. Same old Scott ... any excuse to buy a new rod!
Brian '90 Bertram 33' FBC Yanmar 370's "Never Say Never" '70 Bertram 24' Moppie Guilford, CT (Homeport) Kinnelon, NJ (Home)