abyss underwater lights

Use this forum to discuss all things generally relating to Bertram 33s.
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lobsta1 »

Bill, Tell the truth. Doug is writing a check to someone to work on a "glow stick in a mason jar attached with fishing line" design. Al
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

That's what Bill meant of course.
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

Of course. Bill 1989 33 FBC Ipswich, Ma. > ~------- [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... a_Rose.jpg[/img]
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

I'll bet you a-holes are killin' yourselves. Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
buzzk
Captain
Captain

Post by buzzk »

The Abyss lights worked great. The creek that I live on is not very clear but the lights were still bright enough. Buzz buzzk 1988 Bertram 33 FBC Buzz Off Morhead City, NC
buzzk 1988 Bertram 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's Buzz Off Morehead City, NC
swilczynski
Commander
Commander

Post by swilczynski »

Buzz, I spoke with Abyss. Was going to get the blue ones you have, but he stalled me a bit by saying New England waters may not be conducive to blue ... and I would be better off with white. It is pretty murky everywhere. Your thoughts? Thanks, Scott
Scott W - Stuart, FL
1991 Sport Fish - Yanmar 370's
Sine Qua Non
buzzk
Captain
Captain

Post by buzzk »

Not knowing how murky the water is where you intend to use the lights I can't say for sure. I have been to Point Judith, Road Island and the water seemed clear enough there to use blue lights. I live on a murky deep water creek and they work well enough for me. We use the lights more when we are staying at a marina near an inlet or anchored at night fishing. Where the water is clearer (not clear but clearer). In my area most people go with blue. I went with two blue s1515 lights and I'm satisfied. I'm not sure I have been much help but I would go with blue. Buzz
buzzk 1988 Bertram 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's Buzz Off Morehead City, NC
swilczynski
Commander
Commander

Post by swilczynski »

Thanks. In reality, 90% of it is for my wife at docks so I can sneak more tuna rods on board. Think I go with the blue.
Scott W - Stuart, FL
Sine Qua Non
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

That was pretty funny when you and you're son snuck that one on in Plymouth last summer.
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
swilczynski
Commander
Commander

Post by swilczynski »

I won 2 more in a raffle this year. She didn't fall for that one either.
Scott W - Stuart, FL
Sine Qua Non
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

Good excuse! I might use that one!
Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Cummins 6Bs - 315HP Wilmington, NC
No Yacht Yet
Captain
Captain

Post by No Yacht Yet »

Scott Speaking of Tuna are you heading up our way to chase some this summer?. I hope to be staying in PTown the week ending on 8-22. I have to stay over there. I can't make it out of Plymouth to Stellwagen as quick as you can. Brian 1986 Bertram 33 FBC Mercruisers Seahorse Ellisville Harbor, Ma
Brian 1985 Bertram 42 SF Cummins QSC 600 HP Seahorse Ellisville Harbor, Ma
swilczynski
Commander
Commander

Post by swilczynski »

Tentatively, I'm planning starting 8/22 in Harwichport to go east from there. Was planning the entire week, but son's college plans may shorten it up. Will let you know as it gets closer. Hope all is well ...
Scott W - Stuart, FL
Sine Qua Non
CB35
Captain
Captain

Post by CB35 »

I just bought a bunch of Green 1 watt LEDs. I am going to "pot" them up in clear epoxy that I use to make lure heads. The stuff is clear and tough. Plus it can be buffed to a high gloss. I will polish them with Rejex to keep the bad stuff off for a while. The good thing about this epoxy is you can rub/polish them with a rag midseason and then just buff them up in the spring when you are doing the hull. I figure if this works like I think there should be plenty bright. The plan is to use three spot LEDs and 2 flood LEDs per unit. I went with the nuclear green the attract fish. I have already replaced the dome lights in the 35B with there little buggers. All I did was remove the 12V bulb and holder; bolt in the warm white LED flood version and reassemble. I hooked up one one of the green spots and it lite up the living room. The beam it projected on the opposite wall was amazing from a 1 watt LED. You can't look into them they will blind you. This new generation LED is amazing.
Charlie 35 Bertram 3208 Cats
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

Speaking of lights, I installed the Blue Hella 3" Round Courtesy lights in the cockpit. Replacing the old, tired looking Perko's. Very nice flush mount design. The unit is very high quality, they are made in Switzerland and easy to install. They're LED and throw a lot of light. I'm sure they will be a big hit a PCTP. Like Charlie said, the new LED's are amazing. I'm sure it won't be long before $1,000 dollar underwater lights will be a thing of the past, and cheaper LED's will rule.
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image