1/2 Price Yeti's

Use this forum to discuss anything that doesn't nicely fit into any of the other catagories.
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

1/2 Price Yeti's

Post by Rick »

Have you guys seen these ? 1/2 price Yeti's, guess the delivery takes a long time but worth the wait if you can plan for it. They're talking about it on THT. https://www.rticcoolers.com Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
h2ojst
Captain
Captain

Post by h2ojst »

Thanks Rick. Although I've been an Engle fan for years, I could not resist the temptation of 2 new tumblers at 1/2 the price!
Joe Tomaini
1988 Sportfish
Attitude Adjustment II
Bath, NC
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

They look nice, I am looking for a larger than 75 Qt yeti so I guess these won't do it. I don't suppose they're made in the US?
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
mouldrp
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mouldrp »

Frank, They're made in China. Found it on their web site under FAQ.
Richard Mould 1988 FBC - Sheer Folly Greenwich, CT
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Those big Yeti's are great coolers, but watch the weight. We have just a 20 QT and it's heavy ! To be honest, I don't think I'd buy one of the big ones just because of weight. But I do need a new 150 QT or so cooler. Joe, we have two of the tumblers, incredible ! Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Falmouth, MA
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

You know , come to think of it I'm not sure where Yeti's are made , for all I know these are a Chinese knockoff of a Chinese made product but I hope not. Rick, I have the 75 qt. Yeti and love it but need more space sometimes. I actually like the weight, it's less likely to fall over when I use it for a step .
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
h2ojst
Captain
Captain

Post by h2ojst »

I bought a 120 or 160 Engel a few years back and I swear by it. I use block ice & it stays for an entire week. (draining the water daily) It is heavy, but also makes a great transom seat when you buy the optional cushion & it stays put with the nice white rubber feet that it comes with. I'd never buy another non-rotomolded cooler ever again.
Joe Tomaini
1988 Sportfish
Attitude Adjustment II
Bath, NC
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

You guys got me thinking and to Frank's point, a friend of mine has a 125QT Yeti. I know it's not, but only feels a few pounds heavier than my 20 ! I've got to check into these Engel's Joe is talking about. Where is best place to buy them ? Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Falmouth, MA
h2ojst
Captain
Captain

Post by h2ojst »

I bought mine wholesale from Donovan's. There's a "5 day" ice retention test on U-Tube that's worth watching if you're in the market for a new cooler. This cooler sales company tests about 6 or so coolers side by side in the Florida sun.
Joe Tomaini
1988 Sportfish
Attitude Adjustment II
Bath, NC