Fantasy Baseball!

Use this forum to discuss all things relating the sports world, and yes, racing is a sport!
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Fantasy Baseball!

Post by photo finish »

Who is interested in joining the Bertram Wave Busters Fantasy Baseball League? We had a very fun fantasy football league with 8 teams .ShipMyPants (Bill)came out the first place winner Patsfan(Dougs friend) came in second and TheFloridaSportsman(Tim) came in third. I would like to have 10-12 teams for baseball.I would also like to see a $50 donation per team for prize money and to upgrade our league to a custom league that we can use for years to come as a keeper league which is where we will keep a set number of players every year so they do not go back into the draft pool. If you are interested please post here asap so we can start early and do a live online draft at a time that everyone can attend.also put in your post what day of the week and time is best for a draft if you have a preference. Anyone that has never played Fantasy baseball or do not even know baseball in general you are welcome to join also because it is a lot of fun and you will get to know all the baseball players as you go along.
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

I'd like to, but I just forked over $120 for the league I do every year. So I will have to wait and see.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

Whats another $50 for a high roller like you! 4th place or better and you are out zero
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Tim, I think I'm going to have to pass on this one. I'm under the impression that its more time consuming than doing a football league and I don't think I'll have time for it. FYI: I have your Red Sox tix in hand. Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

Tim, we need one more person in my league if you are interested. We have weekly payouts as well as end of season ones, so even if your team isn't that great, you can still win a few weeks to break even. Let me know what you think, and I can get you in (it is a 10 team league).
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

is it a keeper league or do you re-draft every year? is it head to head or rotiserie? Maybe, i am already in another money league.
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

It is a head-to-head league, but is not a keeper league.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

Man, my draft starts in about 2 hours, I am pumped!
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

wow, you guys draft awfully early....obviously i will be passing on your league.My rotiserrie league does not draft until labor day.usually one week after the season starts so that you do not end up with a player who is injured or doesnt even make the team. And it looks like nobody is interested in a league here.
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

ooops not labor day usually within the first week after the first pitch
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

We created another mess around league. It is a free Yahoo one with only 6 teams and a huge number of players and categories. Just for screwing around and to have fun. The info on Yahoo is: ID 264227 password 12345 There are 2 spots left, draft is tomorrow at 10pm eastern.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator