Pats are in the Super Bowl again!

Use this forum to discuss all things relating the sports world, and yes, racing is a sport!
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lobsta1 »

Three quarterbacks, Manning, Romo and Tom Brady, go to heaven to visit God and watch the Celtics play a game. God decides who will sit next to him by asking the boys a question..... God asks Eli Manning first: 'What do you believe?' Eli thinks long and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, 'I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving, I was lucky, but I always tried to do right by my fans. God can't help but see the essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left. Then God turns to Tony Romo and says, 'What do you believe?' Tony says, 'I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields.' Go d is greatly moved by Tony's sincere eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right. Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: 'And you, Tom, what do you believe ?' Tom replies, 'I believe you're in my seat'
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

HAA! Good one Capt'n. Here we go boys....we got ribs slow cooking and are awaiting 6:18. Go Pats ! Rick Ticket 85 SF Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Ya they did with a run back but, if the interception had not happen it would have been a diffrent game. GO GIANTSquote:Originally posted by dougl33 The only reason the 12/31 game was as close as it was was because the Giants got a kick-off return for a TD. Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Well i Rest my case. Nobody listened to uncle mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. You old new england fans can now understand what disapointment feels likequote:Originally posted by sbeer Ya they did with a run back but, if the interception had not happen it would have been a diffrent game. GO GIANTSquote:Originally posted by dougl33 The only reason the 12/31 game was as close as it was was because the Giants got a kick-off return for a TD. Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img] Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... N_Beer.JPG[/img]
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

Mike... Dissapointment? Hell.. I rooted for the Pats and Red Sox all through the 80s and 90s.. Twenty plus years of almost, almost, almost. Dissapointment? After all those years I have a Masters Degree in "Dissapointment"! Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Wilmington, NC
Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Cummins 6Bs - 315HP Wilmington, NC
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

What a game! Go Dolphins!
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Great game played by the Giants...it might have been different had Samuel caught that pick or we could make a tackle on that sack. But it was a blood & guts game to the end and the Giants pulled it off. Congrats to them. I hope this teaches all the idiots in our area that got up on T.V. and announced "we're gonna win" a lesson, but it won't. Rick Ticket 85 SF Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Good call Mike. Other than the fact that the Pats lost, there's nothing for us to complain about. No bad calls, good defense (for the most part). Good game by the Giants and terrible game by Tom Brady. Talk about a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach. Oh well. Now commences the black hole of the Boston sports scene. 2 weeks until pitchers and catchers report and 7 or 8 weeks until the start of the season. Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

I saw a great t-shirt on another forum. "18 wins and one GIANT loss"
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

"18 wins and one GIANT loss" You should trade mark that! Good win for the Giants, Pats played poorly and still almost won. They just couldn't get it done! Its been a heck of a DECADE for the Pats but you can't win them all. Enjoy the win, GO SOX-CELTICS!!!!!!!!!! Bill 1988 33 FBC Ipswich, Ma. > ~------- [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... a_Rose.jpg[/img]
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image