Palm beach bound

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Palm beach bound

Post by sbeer »

Any body in the area know whats going on. Got a buddy with a 40 plus Cabo that invited a bunch of buddys down to do some fishing. Leaving on the 24th and coming back on the 29th. We got an invitation to go down to Marithon and fish on a 65 bert on that sunday, [ pics to follow when I get back. Plans are Off the plane and into the boat for swordfishing that night and then chaseing saifish for the rest of the trip. So whats the scoop???????? Mike
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
captgene
Captain
Captain

Post by captgene »

Mike, They destroyed the swords last night out on the 50. I heard 1 boat went 4 for 6 with 2 releases. Pray for flat seas for Swording. Sails are pretty on-off up on the SE Coast. Perfect time in the Keys though. You guys will have a blast. Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC
Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders SOLD 2000 Pursuit 2870 Offshore Twin 2016 Suzuki 200s
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Hows the ocean been down there. I would hate to have to sit in a bar for 4 days? This week they have thier big sailfish tournament. I would have thought this was going to be it. Sailfish, the one damn fish I havent had the pleasure to catch. I'm told its all light tackle. Thanks for the info Gene. Mike
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

Mike , We got 2 sails this year.They put on a good show and are great on light tackle.The good thing about fishing for them is that you are only 3-7 miles off shore and just on the edge of the reef line in shallow water ,so it has to be very rough for you not to be able to fish. What marina in Marathon are you going out of?. Mike Smith from this site has his boat in Marathon if he hasnt sold it yet. Mike Smith are you still on this site? Last time i went we kite fished ...that is cool!
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

I don't know the marina that the bert is in. It was set up by the guy wgho owns the boat in palm beach. I'll be sure to take some pics and post them when I get back. I just checked the wheather for that area, overcast everyday with rain on sunday. Ocean is anywhere from 4 feet to 7 feet the whole time I'm there. I can handle those seas running during the day but drifting at night for sords, just doesnt tickle me. Should be fine for sails, I'm told they like that soupy sh1t. Mike
captgene
Captain
Captain

Post by captgene »

Well Mike, I hope this weather holds, but it is supposed to turn to clouds and rain by noon today. Yesterday = Flat Today = almost Flat. Work = $ucks. It has not been nice one weekend yet in Jan. Fishing has still been hot for Swords in about 1500 ft. Sails, Wahoo, and Dolphin you have to work for. Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC
Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders SOLD 2000 Pursuit 2870 Offshore Twin 2016 Suzuki 200s
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Good thing I'm bringing plenty of money, those bars are going to get a major work-out. Just my luck. Mike
Capt. Ed
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Ed »

quote:Good thing I'm bringing plenty of money, those bars are going to get a major work-out. I like to think of it as getting your arms into fishing shape by doing respective lifting. [:D]
1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida Image BERTRAM PRIDE '07 PLAN TO ATTEND!