Sailfish

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
lwrenn
Captain
Captain

Sailfish

Post by lwrenn »

Since the weather is cold 65 in the keys the sailfish should be moving in soon. Replacing the line on all spiiners with 12 and 20 pound test, number 5 circle hooks on flurocarbon. Rebuilding the kite reels and replacing the 12 volt plugs for them. Have not gone out to catch the gogs yet but have the pen ready. Lucky for us the bally hoo boats have not been out yet so the reef is thick with bait and the showers should start poping up all over the place. My favorite day is to seach the sand from the tower and pitch live baits to a gruop of feeding sails. Lets hope for a great winter season in the keys and can someone stop the 25 knot winds! Captain Larry Wren 305-360-4900 www.apirateschoice.com [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... Choice.jpg[/img]
Captain Larry Wren 305-360-4900 www.apirateschoice.com Image
h2ojst
Captain
Captain

Post by h2ojst »

Hey Larry, We jumped out yesterday for the morning bite off Ft. Lauderdale & managed to release one sail in about 150ft. We kite fish also with 20# line 60# leader with a short wire trace for the kings. We cheat & buy gogs from a buddy of mine. Today should be better. Anyone going to the boat show this weekend? Joe Tomaini 1988 Sportfish Attitude Adjustment II Fort Lauderdale, FL
Joe Tomaini
1988 Sportfish
Attitude Adjustment II
Bath, NC
jeff
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by jeff »

Joe I might make it to the show Sat. or Sun. I have two tickets and I am trying to get a local friend to go with me. I am not sure yet if we can get away.
Capt. Jeff Bert 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's Sarasota, FL Now and Then
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

One of the best days I've ever had on a boat is Kite Fishing for Sails. It doesn't get much better......have a great winter guys and don't be shy about posting some pic's. Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
captgene
Captain
Captain

Post by captgene »

Went to the show yesterday. Ho Hum..same ole. Was not crowded at all. No real bargins. Prices were up, not down. Same attitude of the sales people. I don't know how they can get away with that in this economy?? A friend of mine is a broker for Allied. Said Thurs there were more actual buyers around. Most of the activity is 60 and up. Stopped by Bertram. There must have been 25 people just sitting around. One of the sales guys was one of the two that came to the 2006 get together at 'tween waters' so we chatted a bit. The new 41 is $975K and didn't even have a freezer, ice-maker or any window treatments. They put glass back in the front of the salon again. Didn't care much for the boat. By the end of the day I spent zero dollars. I had a vendor pass so I didn't pay to get in either. Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders
Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders SOLD 2000 Pursuit 2870 Offshore Twin 2016 Suzuki 200s
Miss B
Commander
Commander

Post by Miss B »

You bring up an interesting observation. Every boat show I have been to in my lifetime, and that's plenty, has a ton of salespeople who have an arrogance and indifference to the customer. It doesn't matter what the brand is, these men and women would rather sit around and watch the current sporting event on the TV in the salon than to greet their guests (customers) with a smile and a welcome. It urks the heck out of me to take my shoes off when going on board a boat. There are tons of products on the market to protect the flooring, and for a purchase in the price range today's boats are, the dealer or the manufacturer can well afford to cover the flooring until the boat is sold. If I happen to stop for a drink on the infamous floating barge, I am treated to conversations by sales reps about how demanding and nasty their customers are. Or they talk about some one who is shopping a particular boat and is running the sales rep ragged with trivial demands. I once sent an e-mail to the big "M" company about this, and I never got a reply. But having been to shows since then, I can tell you their staff is no better than any other company's staff. These "sales" people act like we bother them, and I am tired of being talked down to by some little turd that can't afford to fill the carry on tank on my whaler, much less quick qualify me out of the market for a big boat which is well within my reach if I find the love of my life. Man, I feel better getting that off my chest!
captgene
Captain
Captain

Post by captgene »

I would say that sums it up pretty well. I found that the majority of the salesmen don't know jack, and they try to a bunch of BS when you ask a question they don't know the answer. How about admitting "I don't know" but I'm going to go find out and get back to you? Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders
Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders SOLD 2000 Pursuit 2870 Offshore Twin 2016 Suzuki 200s