CANYON RUNNER

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
smanni
Captain
Captain

CANYON RUNNER

Post by smanni »

Anyone ever attned the Canyon Runner offshore fishing seminar? I went to the one in Long Island last weekend and it was pretty good. I learned a few tricks to try this year. They had a few "general" sessions - then had 5 breakout sessions. They had a total of 10 different topics and you could pick any 5. I chose: 1) effectively using electronics 2) SWORDFISHING 3) Overnight chunking techniques 4) Understanding water temp/turbdity/breaks/rips/etc 5) Ballyhoo rigging A lot I already knew - but they do a few things much simpler than I usually do. Im going to try a few of their techniques this year, since on average - they take more fish on 1 trip than I do in a month!
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Sean, A buddy of mine fished with them last year on a free for work trip. Simple is not an understatement. He watched everything they did and came back and told me we were WAY overdueing it. Rigging for chunks was stick the hook thru the eye's, if they are hungry they will eat. They killed them, 20 plus fish alot of them let let go for another day. He could not believe it.
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image