Baltimore Canyon Run

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Baltimore Canyon Run

Post by jcrootbeer »

Hey all, Just got some nice reports from the Baltimore. Plenty of Yellow Fin and Big Eye there yesterday, plus a warm water eddie is pushing up into the tip, and with very light and variable winds it should stay there through the weekend. This is great news for anyone running from South Jersey. We'll be heading out late tonight, just poking along to get there and be set up for first light. Best of luck to anyone heading out this weekend. If you're in the area give a shout.
'Till Next Hook Up....! Jerry C. "Reel Hard" Cape May, NJ.
michael
Commander
Commander

Post by michael »

I was out at the Tom's thursday night.Put 8 in the boat and lost just as many.Nice fish 70-90lbs.Had a Mako on for one jump then made a b-line for the boat came out of the water and hit the back of the boat..Perfect conditions.Picked up at 4am and was back at the dock at 9;30 Michael 33sf
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

we went to the Spencer on Friday night and got NOTHING - got back at 5pm Sat night, went to the tackle shop, mafe a few calls (new crew since the Friday group was shot) and headed back out for Sat night - went to the Wilmington and missed the hot bite by 4 hours, as we got there - everyone said that the bite just turned off - we caught Mahi all night and landed one 75lb yft. Lost a few others with rookies not knowing how to fish with circle hooks, but they learned when I lost my mind yelling " I F'ing told you NOT to try to set the hook . Came back with fish but if I left 2 hours earlier I would have filled the boat - oh well, VERY TIRED today after spending 38 hrs offshore this weekend. Time to sleep
JohnD
Captain
Captain

Post by JohnD »

Great Report Sean, Gald to hear you put some meet in the freezer. I spent 20 hours of this weekend at work in a stuffy offic (the AC was off).... So even with rookies, you're weekend was better than mine!! John D "Lady D" Bertram 35 Pasadena MD
John D "Lady D" B35 "Jabba Jaws" B20 Pasadena MD