Carteret sun to mon

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Carteret sun to mon

Post by sbeer »

Left the dock at 11 am on sun and headed to the toms. We got there about 2:30 and set-up on the troll and started to head south. Got to the north elbow of the Carteret and set-up for the night. Nothing on the troll, not even a knock down. Total for the night was 5 for 10 on yellowfin up to 90lbs, had a rookie crew, one longfin on the troll in the morning after, 3 mahi and the capper was a 200lb swordfish that was caught by a guy who was out there for the first time. Seas were perfect Mike
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

Sounds like some good eating to me" Well Done.
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Had acouple of steaks off the grill last night, hmmmmm good. Just got a report from a buddy who just got back today from an overnighter. 17 yellowfin, 4 longfin and a 350lb sword fish. The fishing is really nuts right now. He told me that the yellowfin were stacked behind the boat and you could toss your bait to the one you wanted to hook up or pull it away from the one you don't want. Now thats what I call fishing. All on the chunk except the longfins, they got those on the troll the next day. Looks like I need to get out there real soon. Mike
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
MrJohn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrJohn »

Reading this stuff makes me drool. [:D]
Miss Missy 1977 33' Bertram FBC Slowcala, FL
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

sounds like a great trip - and a great meal.....
Miss B
Commander
Commander

Post by Miss B »

Hey, what famous Pirate and crew made the Fishing section of the Asbury Park Press today- complete with photo of the booty? And why is that swordfish still rolling his eyes at the cameraman? Is he is a Disney creation? What a trip you guys had. Very Nice. I went out for Fluke that day and got skunked. The fluke management up here is terrrible. They really have it screwed up. I was watching a dragger haul in his load with all those little 14 inch fluke while I tried to find my 17 inch, 8 per man limit. What a joke. The recreational fisherman really gets screwed on the regulations. Tom