canyons are heating up

Use this forum to post fishing trip results. Please remember to include locations when posting reports.
sbeer
Captain
Captain

canyons are heating up

Post by sbeer »

Going to try and get out this weekend if wheather does'nt stick it to me. Maybe the toms are alittle more south. I know of 3 guys who got back from sunday to today and they all left early. They could not fit another fish in the boat. See you out there maybe. Channel 65 Mike
Mike Lawrence 81 sportfish 33' shot'n'beer Image
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

VERY NICE to hear reports like that - Good Luck!!
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

I'm hearing the same stuff out of Cape May. A good friend is a captain on a charter boat. He did an overnighter Mon-Tue. Almost sank the boat in Tuna...all species, Blue, Yellow and Long Fin. Also said he had to get away from all the Marlin. Did battle with an est. 650 lbs Blue for 2 hours and boated for pictures 3 Whites all around 60-70 lbs. His words.."The fish are hanging themselves" I need to get a weekend job, so I can fish all week!
'Till Next Hook Up....! Jerry C. "Reel Hard" Cape May, NJ.
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

Wow! How can you guys stand to work! I want to go but that is too far to run from Florida. Go get em guys.
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Jerry, did your friend say where? Just like to get an Idea where to go. Tim, if I had a choice, I would be sick from june 15 till sept 30, but who would believe me. The other thing is up here it costs me 500 in fuel for every trip offshore. I think going every day would be streching my wallet alittle thin,lol. Hell, you guys in florida burn that much in a week going everyday, fishing the same water I have to travel 3 hr's to get to. You guy's got it made. Ahhhh, to live in paradise. Mike
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

Jerry - where out of cape may - im there also so any info would be appreciated.
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

True
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

I think Mike will have a better chance of getting to the spot my buddy fished earlier in the week. He was at the tip of the Spencer. That's about 82 miles from the Cape May Sea Bouy. We need the Baltimore and Wilmington to get lit up soon. Let's set the fishies itineary to each weekend now through September. Someone send them the memo.
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

If the fish are there - I'll run 82. We run to the Baltimore on a whim all the time - whats another 20 miles. My boat ma be slow - but were patient if we know ere catching!!
smanni
Captain
Captain

Post by smanni »

The real problem now is the weather.
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

I agree. Being weekend fisherman sucks. Nice all week than BANG, 4 TO 7 WITH A 20 TO 30 KNOT WIND. Time to start takeing that much needed vacation. Yesterday to today, the 100 square to the dip, bailing them Mike
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

I agree this weekend isn't looking to good.......figures all week has been nice. We need to get things working together...weather, fish, work.
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

I might make an atempt on sat night and slow run out to get the toms by daylight. Small window but got to try. If I go I let you know how I did. Channel 65. For a troll day. Mike
sbeer
Captain
Captain

Post by sbeer »

Well I made it to the toms on sat. night Went 4 for 8 on lomgfins and 0 to 1 on big eyes. Really good bite. Absolutly no yellowfin except on the chunk. Couple of whites and Blues were also caught. Lot of life out there. Real crappy ride back, went out in the dark and came back in the storm and the dark. Very long day. Mike
jcrootbeer
Commander
Commander

Post by jcrootbeer »

Good job on the Longs Mike. Ashame on the Big Eye. That would have been nice. It seemed a little nasty to do any chunking. I hate those long days with slow, careful runs in the dark. Just wish my white nuckles could light the seas.