33 cruiser

Use this forum to discuss all things relating to the Bertram 33 Convertible.
Simpleg1

33 cruiser

Post by Simpleg1 »

Hi everyone, currently I have a 25bertram (my father has a 31) and started looking at the 33 Bertram's. I love the 35 but I'm trying to stay at 1-1 mpg not sure if the 35 will do that. So my question is can you add the shower stall to the 33 cruiser pre 1990? I'm having a hard time finding the models that already have it. I know 1990 is when Bertram added it. There are a lot of great looking pre 1990 33 cruisers out there with cummins but I would really like the shower stall. I'm not a fan of the Sportfishing model because I want the extra saloon room(wife and kids need more room). Any info would be great. Thanks
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Ken, Welcome aboard. You could add a shower stall, but Bertram removed half of the hanging locker in the vberth to make it happen. All it takes is money, time, and patience. They also moved the toilet to the front of the head rather than the back where it currently resides in pre 1990 to 1980 FBC’s. My advice would be to live with the current configuration for a season or 2. It’s not that bad.
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
Simpleg1

Post by Simpleg1 »

Thanks for the info. Really wanted a stall but I guess we will see what happens.