ice maker in a 33 '

Use this forum to discuss all things relating to the Bertram 33 Convertible.
dstallworth
Ensign
Ensign

ice maker in a 33 '

Post by dstallworth »

I have just bought a 33' Convertible and love it. I was wondering if anyone has installed an ice maker in their boat. I need to have one and don't have any ideas yet as to where to put it. Any ideas would be helpful. David
Spidermw81
Commander
Commander

Post by Spidermw81 »

There is a 33 FBC in Branford CT that I looked at briefly and he had an ice maker installed behind the bridge ladder I believe. Not sure on how it was powered or how the water was run to it but it seemed like a very nice option. It may have to be a custom install, I think I remember hearing that. Good luck!
Matt White 1982 33 FBC 3208's
mikehedb
Commander
Commander

Post by mikehedb »

My boat had one installed behind the bridge ladder at one time, but it was gone when I bought the boat. The had tapped into the boats fresh water system and installed a seperated 120v 25amp breaker on the electrical panel. I cannot tell you how well it worked but see no reason for it to be problematic if you have a generator.
Mike Hedberg 1977 B33 FBC Sweet Melissa Naples, Florida
kwinters
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kwinters »

If you log onto Beachcomber Fiberglass Products you will see a custom made live well/ storage/fresh water sinf combo. Greatest thing ever made. You can either mount the ice maker in the side of it or I had the fresh water sink made just to hold one of the 11o camper models that sits in the sink and the faucet fills it as you need it as I only use it in the bahamas. The last place you want to put a icemaker is in the Salon. The heat from them is more than the A/C can overcome. Look for the Bertram withthe Tackle Center and the Glass Swim Platform to see how it looks.
Kurt "CREWS INN" 1977 33 Bertram FBC North Palm Beach, Fl.
JohnD
Captain
Captain

Post by JohnD »

If you're looking for cube for happy hour, those portable ice makers do a good job and you could use bottled water (by the gal) instead of having to be concerned with the on-board tank. Also, they're about 1/10 the cost of an installed icemaker. do a google search on "portable ice maker"
John D "Lady D" B35 "Jabba Jaws" B20 Pasadena MD
kwinters
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kwinters »

The one I bought is made by Emerson. I think we got it at sears or brandsmart.
Kurt "CREWS INN" 1977 33 Bertram FBC North Palm Beach, Fl.