Shipping a Bert 35 remove running gear windshield

Use this forum to discuss all things relating to Bertram 35s.
moparharn
Ensign
Ensign

Shipping a Bert 35 remove running gear windshield

Post by moparharn »

Has anyone shipped a Bertram by removing the props, rudders, shafts, and windshield/steering wheel? Must the bridge be removed? Thanks for any help I might get.
crabbycraig
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crabbycraig »

Ive shipped mine a couple times Milwaukee, WI to Fort Myers Beach,FL. Removed props, sprayshield and steering wheel.
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Don't forget to empty the fuel tank ! Captain Rick Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
moparharn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by moparharn »

Thank you for the input, it was very helpful. Crabbycraig, did you only remove the props? No removal of shafts, struts, or rudders? Also, if possible can you tell me what it cost you to move the boat that distance? Thank you for any help I might get.
crabbycraig
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crabbycraig »

quote:Originally posted by moparharn Thank you for the input, it was very helpful. Crabbycraig, did you only remove the props? No removal of shafts, struts, or rudders? Also, if possible can you tell me what it cost you to move the boat that distance? Thank you for any help I might get. sorry I dont get here much. yes only props. shafts ,rudders both stayed on. loaded stern forward on a fixed 52' lowboy trailer. A friend has a trailer you could stretch and would be able to load bow forward $7500 one way also you dont need to empty fuel tank