Thoughts for BECCA ROSE

Use this forum to post or reply to topics related to safety or insurance like rates, training courses, safety procedures, etc.
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Thoughts for BECCA ROSE

Post by lobsta1 »

Bill, Hope the BECCA ROSE was not one of the ones damaged by the explosion. http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... seriously/ Al 1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

Same here Bill, hoping the best for Becca Rose. I didn't see it in any of the helicopter shots, so I'm hoping that she was spared. Quite the explosion.....unbelievable that these things always seem to happen around the holidays. Just as unbelievable that no one was killed. I guess the neighbors are furious that they didn't know about the plant handling those chemicals which doesn't surprise me. Rick Ticket 85 SF Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

From the shots that I've seen it looks as though both Bill's and his father-in-law's boats should be OK. I didn't hear or feel the explosion, but Bill did call me at 3:30am to let me know what had happened and that he was on his way to the boat. Oddly enough, the explosion woke him up in Ipswich while I didn't feel a thing. Rick, Did you hear/feel it? Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
Capt. Ed
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Ed »

Thankfully it wasn't an ETHANOL PLANT!
1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida Image BERTRAM PRIDE '07 PLAN TO ATTEND!
Rick
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Rick »

I didn't know ethanol packed that much of a punch ! Doug: Heard nothing from here but it could have been the next house over the way I sleep ! Rick Ticket 85 SF Falmouth, MA
Rick
Ticket 85 SF Merc 454 MPI's USCG 50T Masters w/ Towing Endorsement
Falmouth, MA
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

I woke up , thinking it was an earth quake, then forgot about it until the morning when I heard about it on the news.I guess that plant won't be going back in that location.
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

Doug, have you heard anything yet from Bill?
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

Thanks Guys, not able to get close to the boat yet. Hoping maybe this weekend, the police have everything cornered off. I'm concerned that the windows might be blown out from the blast. Seeing what it did to all those houses, plus the fact that the blast was heard over 40 miles away and my boat was about 75 yards away! Most important, nobody got killed. http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/10 ... etail.html# Bill 1988 33 FBC Ipswich, Ma. > ~------- [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... a_Rose.jpg[/img]
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

Bill, Glad everyone there were safe. That is unbelievable. Was your boat already on the hard? Is there any concerns about air quality since it was a chemical plant? 75 yards away.wow you will at least have major clean up unless you were shrink wrapped.
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
Capt. Ed
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Ed »

Could be a REAL MESS if the shrink wrapped melted! Hopefully everything will be OK!
1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida Image BERTRAM PRIDE '07 PLAN TO ATTEND!
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Again, from the pics we've seen so far, it looks like the boats (and the shrink-wrap) in Bill's part of the yard are OK. Since all of the glass on the boat is tempered, I'd be surprised if it was broken or shattered. Let's keep our fingers crossed! Regards, Doug L. 1986 33 Bertram FBC Queen Elizabeth Marblehead, MA [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... sabeth.jpg[/img]
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
lobsta1
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lobsta1 »

Bill, Any idea when you will be able to get in & check her out? Al 1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
1978 33 FBC NITES OFF
franklyprice
Commodore
Commodore

Post by franklyprice »

I think we should go over there on saturday after helping Al with his deck.Hopefully by then we can get in.
Frank Price
1987 SF "Jeanne Claire"
Rowley Ma
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

I'm heading down on Friday to check if we can get in. I doubt they'll let us, but it's worth a shot. Bill 1988 33 FBC Ipswich, Ma. > ~------- [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... a_Rose.jpg[/img]
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image
Admin
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Admin »

Bill, please keep us posted, but don't try to use this as an excuse for your fantasy football team! All kidding aside, you know I hope only the best outcome for you. Let us know.
David Sumich
1986 SF - 33 Megabites
Huntington Harbour, CA
Forum Administrator