xm weather

Use this forum to post or reply to topics related to safety or insurance like rates, training courses, safety procedures, etc.
captgene
Captain
Captain

Post by captgene »

Tim, I was looking at the 3010, but the 3200 sounds like a bigger bang for the $. I have 2 depthfinders, but one is the original digital, and I was going to yank it out and put in a spare Furuno transducer. Could just as well be a Garmin. I guess I will shop, but I'm pretty on track for Garmin. I thought about the using the laptop, but there is no way I'm going to ruin a good PC having it up on the bridge. BTW , a surveyor is coming to look at the Wilma damage today. I'm going for a new door! Gene Dugan
Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders SOLD 2000 Pursuit 2870 Offshore Twin 2016 Suzuki 200s
photo finish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by photo finish »

ooops the furuno blew onto the cockpit and cracked i guess insurance better buy a garmin[:D] Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC
Tim Stamm Photo Finish 1981 33' Bertram FBC Image
Capt. Ed
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Ed »

Don't you just hate when that happens![:D] 1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida
1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida Image BERTRAM PRIDE '07 PLAN TO ATTEND!
captgene
Captain
Captain

Post by captgene »

The visit by the Boat US Cat Team surveyor went pretty well. I showed him all the bent framework, outriggers, canvas, gelcoat damage, and spent a lot of time on the door. I told him I wanted it replaced with a Hatteras style door. Said he didn't blame me, but we'll see how $ much I get out of them. I doubt if it be enought to get a door and a Garmin. Gene Dugan
Gene Dugan Boca Raton, Fl. "Nauti Marie" 1989 33 FBC 2007 8.1 Crusaders SOLD 2000 Pursuit 2870 Offshore Twin 2016 Suzuki 200s
Capt. Ed
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Ed »

I have found if you hold your position with them (adjusters), that they will rather settle it for a few more dollars, then to keep the file open. Do not lead them to believe that your want to "upgrade" your door, as they will use that against you. It is better to focus on the dollars to replace the door with like kind, as they are going to give you a check anyway to do what you want with it. Keep in mind, that an adjuster's job is to settle a claim fairly and quickly for the lowest reasonable amount, not what we think is it worth. Protect your interest and have some boat yards write estimates for you too, this way you will have supporting documents at hand if needed, to justify a greater settlement amount then what is offered. You are only insuring that you are paid a reasonable sum for your claim, how you elect to repair things are totally up to you. I once had a claim with BoatUS and was given this advise from an insurance surveyor friend and it worked REALLY well!. Good luck Gene! 1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida
1979 Bertram 33' FBC ALEXANDRA Port Richey, Florida Image BERTRAM PRIDE '07 PLAN TO ATTEND!
captgene
Captain
Captain

Post by captgene »

Yep, Pretty much what the guy told me. I told him I already had the parts to fix the door, but needed somebody to do that and all the other work. I know they write these things up with inflated "Boca" prices. Anybody in Boca that does anything related to Marine is more than triple the expense of anywhere else. Somebody misinformed the world that everybody who lives here is filthy rich. Gene Dugan