Boat US safety Alert

Use this forum to post or reply to topics related to safety or insurance like rates, training courses, safety procedures, etc.
Sean B
Captain
Captain

Post by Sean B »

quote:Originally posted by dougl33 looks like Florida passed an energy bill that exempts marinas (plus a few others) from having to carry ethanol. The bill doesn't say that marinas won't/can't carry ethanol, just that they don't have to. If only the other states would get their heads out of their asses to pass such a bill! Now there's something you don't hear too often from a yankee - that Florida DOESN'T have it's head up it ass Every gas station I go to now has the 10% ethanol sticker right on the pump. I knew something was up two years ago when every old gas station in town was digging up their steel tanks to replace with new fiberglass ones. As for my particular marina, they say that so far, no ethanol in their gas (I don't really care anyway, as long as they don't put in the diesel, but am still curious). They did say that they're not sure how much longer they will still be able to find non-ethanol gas to buy. So the exception in the law may be good... but when marinas buy probably less than 1 percent of all the fuel sold... well I don't think they are in a position to demand too much special treatment from their suppliers.
"Island Time" 1987 Bertram 33 SF 3208T Cats
dougl33
Admiral
Admiral

Post by dougl33 »

Sean, I've been thinking the same thing, but, since ethanol is mixed in and not transported through pipe lines it may be easier for marinas to get non-ethanol fuel. We'll have to wait and see.
Regards, Doug L.
1986 33 Bertram FBC Cummins 6BTA's Queen Elizabeth
Marblehead, MA
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

My dads car used to get 525 miles to the tank full when he drove up from Florida. This year with ethanol laced fuel it dropped to 470 miles per tank. He may be exaggerating a little, but it's still quite a bit less and a crappy thing for the retired folks. Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's > ~------- [img]http://www.bertram33.com/photogallery/p ... a_Rose.jpg[/img]
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image
Chris Anderson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chris Anderson »

It's been a while since I've been here, but I wanted to let you know about how I have saved BIG on my insurance. Last year with my annual premium exceeding $5000, I went shopping and saved 50% !!! BoatUS is now $2480, but I'm upping my deductable to 4% and it will be down to $2000. Remember guys this is Florida.... so this is a great find for me. Valued is aggreed at $135,000. Hey it pays for a bottom job. Chris
Chris Anderson "Kiwi Too" '84 33' sf Sarasota, FL Image
BECCA ROSE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BECCA ROSE »

That's a great price for Fl. Glad you saved some money! The "agreed value" is always very important, get it as high as you can. That way if you have a total loss thats what you will get. What kind of "bottom" job are you getting, liposuction, lift??
Bill 1989 33 FBC Cummins 6BTA's ><)))))*> ~------- Image
IRGuy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by IRGuy »

And on whose bottom?
Frank B - IRGuy@aol.com "Phoenix" 1983 FBC Cummins 6Bs - 315HP Wilmington, NC